Saturday, December 6, 2008

Over The River and Through the Woods..

..to the Pillar and Post we go!!!
Nicky and I finally made our little trip across the border to see where she and McAllister will be married in February. My goodness is this place gorgeous!!!! I'll say first that the decor is just my style. The building itself is perfect. An old canning mill, so we were told. I cannot wait to get my room key, so I can drop my bags and run VERY quickly to their spa. It has an amazing hot spring, a gorgeous salt water pool and maybe we can take advantage of those cozy pedicure chairs while we're there, too. There are fireplaces in nearly every room in the building and I love it. Can it be more perfect for a February wedding? Everything will take place here, so we'll never have to leave. Yeahhh!
We are full of ideas after our visit, now we just need to pin down some colors and get things moving!
This is the foyer/check-in area. You may have found no need to go further...this looks plenty cozy, no? But this was a tour, so we continued...Below may possibly the happiest hallway in all of Canada. With a giant liquor wheel, old washboards, wood stoves from who knows how long ago, giant church pews (in case you need a break as you sip/chug your wine and walk the hall) and oodles of other exciting old finds. I mean, really, who wouldn't want to have a wedding here?
I think Nicky may have been a tad thirsty. Our tour guide and I pretended not to notice that she was lingering over there by the bar. Poor thing never got served, though I'm sure it's because this bar is only for special events. This is where we will all be ordering our water and kool-aid on 2/28/09!!
Josh thinks that a salt water pool is ridiculous. I think it's lovely. Very exotic!
So...it's official! In just about 83 days we will be watching Ms. Nicky Cunha become Mrs. McAllister King. How exciting?! Another wedding... *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous spot! It's sure to be a spectacular wedding. Hope you're enjoying the season!

Nicky C. K. said...

ur pictures are gr8 Son - they really captured the cozy, charming atmosphere!! it also looks like i have to work on my frigid, eye-squinting photo stance if we want any pics outside!