Tuesday, May 20, 2008

When The Junque Gods Shine Down...


they really shine!!

On Saturday my BJB (Nicky's new term=best junk buddy!!) and I went wedding shopping. First we went to TJMaxx to buy extra large apothecary jars for the wedding. These will be used as the following: a wish jar, a wisdom jar and a memory jar. In lieu of a guest book (which isn't much my style), these jars will be out at the reception and guests will be asked to contribute to them on some cute little paper scrolls that have yet to be created. But no worries -that's on Nicky's to-do list!! Just picture them filled to the brim with sweet little scrolls tied up with twine or ribbon...




After taking care of that, we swung by Steinmart for a quick return and then we were off to Juliana's for a wedding dress. Nope, not for me, because I already ordered mine. This was for Nicky's wedding. And...........................SHE FOUND ONE! Hooray, Nicky!!! I only wish I could have taken pictures to share with you. It's a gorgeous, gorgeous dress! And perfect for her garden wedding. Vera Wang, nonetheless! We were told that if we forked over the payment in full, we could come back and try it on and take pics. So Nicky did just that and I can't wait to get back in there with the camera!! When I do, I'll be sure to share. With her consent, of course! She has gotten some grief from her FH (that's future, not the other f word you were thinking of - come on!!) and other family, so lets all send our blessing her way, shall we?! Rock on, Nick!!!!!

We went to lunch at Camilles (I like that name. I think I'll add it to the baby names list - for someday....!), after the dress shopping, because frankly it takes a lot out of you and we needed some time to complain about wedding stuff. You know: money, wedding crashers (before it has even happened, mind you!), money, ignorant people, money and a few more ignorant people. Whew!! Glad I got it all off my chest Saturday or I could go on and on right here, right now. Or am I? Oh well!!

On the way home we drove by this!! Wooooohooooo!!! For $free.99 on the curb. I nearly screamed for Nicky to pull over the car. You see, it can be difficult with the two of us having almost the same style. But we almost always operate under the first come, first serve policy. Or rather, whoever spots that bad boy first gets it. That is, unless it is something the spotter has little or no interest in and then we naturally pass it on to the OJB (other junk buddy) (Hah! That's my new term!). I was the lucky one who spotted this lovely metal sewing cabinet, with a faux wood grain. How sweet it is!!




Nicky, as any good jb would do, pulled into the poor man's driveway and remained there with me until Josh could come and haul it away. I at one point, I actually took to holding onto it, as another man pulled up and wanted to take it away. He was a nice fella, though. And he even offered to help us get it into Nicky's Jeep, but it was too wet, grungy and heavy for that! My knight in shining armor arrived not too long after that and helped load it up and bring it home. No complaints, just a few dirty looks and a "where in hell are we putting this?". God, I love that man!!


Amidst the storm, the junque Gods were shining on down!! And did I mention, for FREE?! It made my week!!

9 comments:

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Sondra,

I love this cabinet--awesome! I would have paid good money for that, but to get it for free-wow! What are you planning on doing with it?

Anonymous said...

That is an AMAZING find. Now you need a thread cabinet... I can just picture you, arms protectively around the grungy cabinet, waiting for the DFJM (Dear fiance junk mover)...Now tell him that you will have to collect HUNDREDS of patterns to fill it....

Nicky C. K. said...

josh gets the JUNK HUNK award!

and thanks for the hoorays on the wedding dress ;-)

Anonymous said...

SOOOO jealous! You scored big time! LOVE that! I was just telling my husband we need to start looking out for cool displays like that. Uggggg. Also jealous about Steinbarts. LOVE that place!-Amy (Poppy & Ivy)

Magnolia Street Style said...

Free is good, very good. Great find.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Hey Sondra--you have an award at my site Ü. Also--those really are my pictures but that is too funny about having the same comforter.

Love ya,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Fantastic find!

Michele Kovack said...

What an amazing find!!! I am so jealous! : )

pedalpower said...

What a find! Amazing what people will put out for trash!