Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Unexpected Email and then a Happy Easter


I want to move on to some happier posts, but I have one more sad note. I received an unexpected email from someone at work today when I returned from my parents. This person is someone that I considered in the past to be mainly a colleague. But today, after reading her email, I assure you we will forever consider ourselves friends from here on out.

I am sharing this with the blogging world to enlist your prayers for not only myself anymore, but my friend, as well. She, too, lost her baby to a miscarriage this weekend and is going through the same terrible emotions and confusion that we are experiencing at our house. It is heartbreaking to know that there is someone else hurting this way and to know, first-hand, that there is nothing that I can say or do to make them feel better. Please pray for the both us to have strength enough to get through this and courage enough to go down this road in the future.



Here are some junky pictures (taken at night and half-heartedly in order to be able to post something that wouldn't make my visitors cry) of some sweet things. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We were with family, which as I've said before, is the only way to celebrate any holiday!

I don't normally get too overly excited to decorate for Easter. A nice fresh, clean house will do the trick and a few things here and there. Just so you can feel spring around the corner. But, I'm a little numb lately and what I do feel definately isn't spring!! Apparently, in my quest for distraction (and aimless time off of work), I developed some sort of Easter salt and pepper shaker fettish??? Ok, well not a fettish, but I did buy two sets in one day. Why? I don't know! Too cute, I guess! And the clean house NEVER happened:( Peter Cottontail (above) was calling my name while I was at Pier 1. They had some super cute springy-Easter decor this year!





Then there are the giant eggs that were supposed to be hung from the front porch ceiling, but never ended up hung from anything. Just carelessly laid to rest in this glasss stand. Poor things!




How cute is this little bird bath? I got it at Michaels last week and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. Who wouldn't want three sweet birdies to watch over their pastel peanut M&Ms? Especially with Josh around???


No comments: