Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween and A Mess....

I have so many things I want to post about and not enough time, so I seem to be avoiding it altogether. One of the reasons for this is that I sat down and spent about 45 minutes last Thursday producing a post and when I pressed publish post this damned blogger ate the entire thing. It vanished into thin air and was nowhere to be found, regardless of the periodic saving that took place as I typed. I was so disheartened that this is the first time I have been able to log back on. I am going to try to keep each post semi short while addressing at least a couple topics in each.

First up: my brother and sil's Halloween party last Friday...Josh had this costume, from about five years ago, that he bought to attend another party we never made it to. I hope none of you are wondering what he is there, as I'm not willing to repeat it!!

I thought I'd follow in his dirty footsteps, but in a cute, low key way and be "hung like a horse"!!!!!

McAllister - Geek Squad and Nicky - poodle skirt wearing, hop attending girl were our dates.


And the evening would not have been complete without Martha. I made these Lady's Fingers from her Halloween Book. They truly look like fingers, but taste like a pretzel or dough-y breadstick. I usually bring them to Halloween parties that we attend. They always seem to be a hit!
We got into a little trouble with these eyeballs. They are made of some sort of glubbery, snotty material. We decided we'd race them by throwing them against the wall and seeing whose slid down the fastest. Sommmmebody accidentally got one stuck to the ceiling aaaannnd it didn't come off. Needless to say, we'll need to bringing my brother some flat white paint to patch that spot up.


Next up is the reason I'm too busy to post:

This is STILL the leftovers from our wedding...

It looks as though our wedding threw up on our dining room...

Some parts of the mess actually look pretty....
...others not so much!

It's all very overwhelming!

I am trying to work on it a little at a time. I give a few things away here, throw a few things out there. It's just not cutting it! I need to take a day off and just knock it out....

There's always the three days we have off for Thanksgiving, right?!

No comments: