Monday, April 14, 2008

Baby Kendall

When God Calls Little Children
When God calls little childrento dwell with him above,
We mortals sometime question the wisdom of his love.
For no heartache compares, with the death of one small child,
Who does so much to make our world, seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling the aged to his fold,
So He picks a rosebud, before he can grow old.
God knows how much we need them, and so he takes but a few,
To make the land of Heaven, more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult, still somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind knows, will always be "Goodbye."
So when a little child departs, we who are left behind,
Must realize God loves children. Angels are hard to find.
~~ Author Unknown ~~

We found out this week that Kendall was (IS) a girl. We also found out that she had (HAS) down syndrome and that is most likely the reason that my body rejected the pregnancy. (Also, I believe, why the good Lord wanted her back. She's a very special little person!) It is all a lot to take in and I have mixed emotions about it. I am happy to have some closure to all of it, but at the same time, I am nervous about the increased risk that it presents for the future. I also need to understand better why some babies with downs survive and some don't. SIL - maybe you can ask one of your doctors to answer that!? No matter what - I know this - I love her all the same!! Someday....and until then...

Fun baby planters that I bought this weekend while junking with Nicky! Sorry about the terrible pictures. The computer is not allowing me to fix pictures anymore. Josh says it's a memory thing. Who knows?? I guess it's time to transfer photos from computer to disk. I'm also going to hand over this camera to my Mom and get a new one. Back to the Cybershot...that never gave me problems!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rosemary said...

Hi Sondra,
Nice to meet you. Thanks for visiting my blog.
So sorry for your loss.
Visit me soon,
Rosemary

Girl Land said...

I'm sure hearing all those things is very hard/bittersweet for you. I've also often wondered how some babies with Downs survive and others don't. There are so many things you can do nowadays-- your doc may recommend genetic counseling to see if they can tell if it was a fluke thing or not. Just to prepare you anyway and/or put your mind at ease. But try not to worry for the future-- you're young!!! Hang in there, kiddo. xo

Dona said...

Oh honey, it was not ment to be. God decided the little one would be better off with him. This I know, I have given 8 babies back to God, and he in return gave me my Tami (20) and my David (18) to perfectly beautiful children. He has plans for us even if we do not understand at the moment.

Dona

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh Sondra,

I had no idea about your baby. I am so sorry to hear that.