Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Postal Love and Good News!!


Yes you heard right, folks...finally some GOOD news coming from Aged Essence. It's been a while hasn't it?! We found this place for the wedding reception and set the date for October 4th, 2008. It is not my first choice...or my 2nd or 3rd, but I'm ready to get moving and the price is right!! When you've got 250 guests your choices are limited in our parts. I am now on a mission. I'm sure that some of you think I'm nuts for wanting to plan a wedding in six months, but I'm okay with it. I work BEST under pressure! Besides, we want to start our family and we're attempting a timeline, which I'm sure several of you also think is a bad idea. That is why I am not asking opinions here - just sharing!

In other news, the mailwoman has been treating me well! I was the lucky duck who signed up for sweetjessie's Pay It Forward and just look at the goodness that arrived here yesterday. Again, I feel terrible that these pictures are not doing it much justice, but my computer is on a complete boycott :(! I know you're all feeling jealous and that's ok... I don't mind - it's fun stuff!! I love how it all color-coordinates, but that is no surprise if you know what Jessie is all about. There's a pin cushion, a travel tissue carrier case, a hand stitched journal (I'll probably use this as a scrapbook), and sweet miniature note cards with post cards from places like New York and Chicago (both dear to my heart!!) attached to them that have been glitterized, 2 of her sweet business cards with calendars on the back - great idea- and...all this handmade! I'm loving it and I needed this pick-me-up!




The mailwoman also brought me this CD (which, to no surprise, I struggled to get a decent shot of) on Saturday, from Lindsey. She did Pay It Forward from my post and I commented, because I try to always comment. So she paid it backward to me, which has me thinking I'll just repay it to some unsuspecting victim of my creations!!


Thanks to both of you, Jessie and Lindsey, for the wonderful goodies and for bringing smiles to my face! I'll try to share what I am working on for my Pay It Forward folks a little later this week. How did my vacation get so busy?!

4 comments:

Magnolia Street Style said...

You received some wonderful gifts. Good luck with planning your wedding.

Nicky C. K. said...

those treasures look adorable!! congrats on winning!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. I am so very sorry for your terrible loss.

You got some very nice things there, have fun with your wedding plans.
DebraK

Jessie said...

I'm so glad I could bring you a little sunshine. You deserve it.