Sunday, October 7, 2007

Autumn Pics From Home Sweet Home


We went home today to give my father his birthday gifts and to go to Katie's baby shower. The colors are so much more vibrant there this time of year. I couldn't resist snapping a few, well a ton, and sharing with you. I love the city, but it's just not the same in the fall.


Front Yard (I think they say side yard, but in my distorted world it is the front!)


Hay field across the street
Tomatoes ripening on porch and dracula's feet hanging from the eaves!

Barn across the street.
Upper field across the street

Side Yard (they probably call this something else, as well!)
A Halloween totem pole on porch steps
A set of graduated clay pots painted orange and decorated to be jackolanterns. I love their chippy appeal!


A wooden ghost. The rustic look of him is cute, even though I don't get too into Halloween decor. Doesn't he look like he just got hit on the head with a hammer, though?! Poor thing... (BTW - no idea why this is underlined and not sure how to change it.)



Hibiscus
And another hibiscus

Daisy


A primitive star hanging on the side of the house.

Think these are wild flowers, but not really sure.

Uncle's road sign hanging on pole in
mom's memorial garden for him.

Some sort of flower from the memorial garden. I know it's blurry, but I love the way the leaves have just taken up around the flower.

Gerber daisies from the memorial garden.


Oh the sights of home!

3 comments:

RobinBirdsNest said...

How beautiful! We don't get the fall colors here, and I just love them. We use to spend time in colorado about the time the leaves changed colors and I miss seeing that! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my dad, too!

emily said...

Great pictures! I love the 1st one with the flag!

I love when the trees change with all the beautiful colors!

Where is home for you?

Anonymous said...

great pictures, thanks for sharing!