Wednesday, September 26, 2007

You Won't Know If You Don't Ask




While I was at my RAEYC Program Meeting tonight, I found myself running around last minute trying to find the custodian as we were in need of a laptop for the presenter. I am co-chair of the Program Committee and the previous Chair left so I am learning all sorts of new tricks while fulfilling my responsibilies! I finally located his office and oh what FUN it was! You know, he had one of those cluttered (full of treasures) kind of offices. Love that! Right away I spotted a very old "must have" scale on the floor and told him how fabulous it was. He told me how he was trying to bring himself to carry it to the dumpster, but that it was really heavy and it really deserved a better home than a dumpster. I stopped squealing and asked him if he was really looking for a home for it. I was thinking to myself, "What better home is there than ours?" He was extremely serious and before I knew it he was carrying it to my car!!!! I LOVE when that happens. I must thank him. On the way to the car he told me about other treasures he has that he may show me at our next program meeting!!!! Custodians ROCK, right?! I'm soo glad I brought up that scale...it made my night! I was so proud I carried it in the house, by myself might I add, as soon as I got home. And it has already found a home, within its home, on a small chest in our kitchen. Josh won't admit he likes it...but he is glad he didn't have to carry it in for me. Carrying my junk around gets old to him...I beg to differ!!



Other good news...agedessence on ETSY sold their first item - HOORAY!!!!!!!!! We sold one of these super sweet little chalkboard labelers. Aren't they wonderful? Be sure to order a few for yourself!! They are sold at the teeny weeny price of 1 for $2 or 5 for $8.


3 comments:

RobinBirdsNest said...

Congratulations on your sale!! They are adorable! The scale is so cool!! Those kind of things don't happen very often, you lucky duck!! We have a friend who is a car painter and he loves antiquies . He ends up painting slot of them and really does a neat job. The scale is great the way it is though! I'll have to take a pic of an old cash register he painted for us. It was really,really ugly before!

emily said...

Great find! Can't wait to to see what you come back with next time! Congrats on your sale!!

Sweet Remembrance said...

Love the chalkboards...
Cute idea!
Priscilla